Reunion is the third episode of Season 3 of Alias and the 47th episode overall. Sydney and Vaughn are reunited again as a team to prevent Sark from destroying the nation's satellite communications system. Meanwhile, Jack Bristow must find a way to stop Marshall from uncovering the identity of a familiar murderer. Sydney accompanies Vaughn and Lauren as they meet with Sloane to ask for a favor.
A fireball drops from the sky, devastating Moscow's Gorky Park. At the CIA, Dixon explains the fireball was a falling satellite and that it nearly prompted a nuclear response from Russia. Echelon picked up a call between Sark and Boris Oransky, an employee at a French firm that built the satellite. He and Sark discussed moving to "Phase 2." Sark has been tracked to a Mexico City hotel. Dixon orders a team to follow him. Syd believes they should apprehend him and argues with Lauren. Vaughn defends Lauren, saying that capturing Sark will do nothing to shut down The Covenant. Later, Vaughn asks a furious Lauren to give Syd the benefit of the doubt.
Jack tells Syd that the NSC has murky footage of Lazarey's murder. He again tells Syd not to admit her guilt because of the dangerous techniques the CIA would use to extract her memories. Jack views the tape with Lauren and Marshall, who requires 72 hours to make the tape clear for identification.
In Mexico, Syd, disguised as a Gaucho, locates Sark and Oransky in a cafe. Oransky gives Sark photos and codes, and mentions the word "Medusa." Sark leaves and Syd is discovered by Oransky's thugs. Oransky takes a hostage and forces Syd to drop her gun. Marshall determines the frequency of Oransky's earpiece and pushes 180 decibels of feedback through it. Syd attacks the thugs but Oransky escapes.
Syd tells Weiss she remembers something about Medusa at SD-6. Weiss tells a curious Syd that Vaughn met Lauren when she deposed during the investigation into Sydney's mother.
Dixon discovers that Medusa was an SD-6 project. It's an anti-satellite weapon that can cripple a network of satellites. Oranksy destroyed the Russian satellite to discover their protocol for nuclear attack. The pictures Syd took reveal a motorcade to the Russian Science Ministry, where Medusa is stored. Russia claims not to have anti satellites so the CIA must get to it before Sark. Despite Syd's protests, they decide Sloane can help them get into the Science Ministry.
Syd, Vaughn and Lauren travel to Zurich, where Sloane — who has a relationship with the Ministry due to his cancer research — refuses to help them. But after Syd threatens him, he agrees to admit them to a Ministry banquet. Sloane taunts Vaughn and Lauren.
Meanwhile, Jack bribes computer expert Pierre Lagravanese to corrupt the image of Lazarey's murder. Jack's given a virus, which he must upload to a terminal with administrative privileges. He installs the files.
At the Ministry, Syd and Vaughn once again feel an attraction. Vaughn creates a diversion, allowing Syd, who's stolen a diplomat's fingerprints, to gain them unrestricted access. In an elevator, they change into Russian military uniforms. Down in the bunker, Sark has murdered the guards. Marshall and Dixon watch Lazarey's murder as Jack is corrupts the files. The image won't render.
Syd and Vaughn engage in a firefight with Sark. He locks them in a sublevel and disconnects the elevator. Oransky goes after Syd while Sark bolts. Syd and Vaughn rig the generator to blow and crawl out intake vent as Oransky is killed and Medusa is destroyed. Weiss gives her a 3rd edition of Alice in Wonderland, a favorite of Syd's that was destroyed when her apartment burned.
- Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow
- Ron Rifkin as Arvin Sloane
- Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn
- Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon
- Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman
- Melissa George as Lauren Reed
- Greg Grunberg as Eric Weiss
- David Anders as Julian Sark
- Victor Garber as Jack Bristow
- Mark Ivanir as Boris Oransky
- Mark Bramhall as Andrian Lazarey
- Scott Adsit as Pierre Lagravenese
- Elizabeth Payne as Carolyn
- Arthur Darbinyan as Ministry Official
- Pierrino Mascarino as Science Ministry Official
- Deeonna Lanay as Young Girl
- Patricia Rae as Young Girl's Mother.
This is the 47th episode.
- International titles:
- German: Medusa
- French: Arme secrète (Secret weapon)
- "She's Got You" by Patsy Cline (unchanged in Netflix version)
- "Pa Ti Pa Mi" by Puya (unchanged in Netflix version)
- "Choked Up" by Ryan Adams/Whiskeytown
- "Something Else" by Gary Jules
- City Hall - 200 N. Spring Street, Downtown, Los Angeles, California, USA
Allusions and ReferencesEdit
- Lauren: I hate her!
- Vaughn: Just remember, she's been through a lot.
- Lauren: I've been on eggshells for two weeks since Sydney came back: trying not to say the wrong thing, trying to imagine what it's like for her . I am done!
- Vaughn: Lauren .
- Lauren: Sydney Bristow is self-righteous and arrogant!
- Vaughn: She just lost two years of her life.
- Lauren: Was she any nicer two years ago!? Because she's the most condescending person I have ever met!
- Vaughn: I understand why you have a problem with her.
- Lauren: No she's the one with the problem! I'm not going to apologize because I remember the last 24 months, or because I'm married to the man that I love!
- Vaughn: You're reacting emotionally.
- Lauren: No, I'm reacting intelligently, as I expected Sydney to. She's been gone two years, you'd think she'd listen to someone instead of talking all over them! She's horrible!
- Jack: How was the first briefing with Lauren?
- Sydney: Wonderful.
- Jack: I'm not asking because I'm a fan of inter-office gossip. Tell me how it went.
- Sydney: The truth is...
- Weiss: You're insane.
- Weiss: There's got to be something that you had that you just loved that it kills you that you don't have anymore.