Resurrection is the 22nd episode of Season 3 of Alias, and the 66th episode overall. Vaughn comes face to face with his darkest demons in pursuit of his wife; Nadia must decide whether or not she can trust her father in the pursuit of Rambaldi's most priceless artifact; and Sydney receives a shattering revelation that will make her question everything - and everyone - she thought she could trust.
Sydney strategically places cell phones throughout the office. She patches into the CIA computer and downloads the Rambaldi equation. Then she contacts Sark - Sydney is actually Lauren in disguise! She shoots Marshall when he questions her. As she bolts, the cell phones explode. Vaughn follows "Syd," but she knocks him out, then escapes by stealing a car.
The real Sydney is interrogated by Hank Foster, Counterintelligence Threat Analysis. Believing she was somehow involved in the break-in, he reassigns her to a desk job pending further investigation.
Vaughn tells Jack that he's prepared to exact revenge on Lauren. Jack tells Dixon to have Vaughn question Sark, in order to to increase the psychological fear. Vaughn beats Sark bloody during the investigation. Sark gives Lauren up.
Sydney calls Vaughn, and intuits that Vaughn knows Lauren's location. She asks Jack why the Sark interrogation is classified. He dodges the question, saying that Vaughn should kill Lauren to gain closure. He says that he regrets letting Irina go.
Vaughn spies on Lauren decrypting the equation in a warehouse. He photographs the longitude and latitude, then ambushes her and administers a kidnapping, followed by torture. About to disfigure her with hydrochloric acid, Vaughn is stabbed from behind and collapses.
Sloane sneaks into a CIA safe house and begs Nadia to tell him the location of The Sphere of Life - the vessel in which Rambaldi's consciousness is stored. She's dubious. Before he leaves, he tells her how to find him.
Sydney and Jack wait for Vaughn in the hospital. Now Sydney vows to kill Lauren, whether Jack, who is alarmed at her transition, helps her or not.
Lauren appears in the jail cell next to Sark. She forgives him for giving her up. He tells her that the Rambaldi info is backed up on an offsite server and gives her the password. It's not Lauren, but Sydney - who removes her mask! When she determines that the equation leads to Palermo, Sicily, she leaves immediately. Vaughn tells Weiss that Katya Derevko stabbed him and that Sydney is walking into a trap. Vaughn uses Weiss to create a diversion and break out of the prison.
Sydney finds Katya in the Palermo site. She says she's tracking The Covenant and that she knows Lauren is present. Katya tries to shoot Sydney, but Sydney had secretly removed the cartridge from Katya's gun. Sydney then shoots Katya. Lauren arrives but Sydney misses her shot and Lauren runs.
Nadia escapes the CIA safe house to meet Sloane, who tells her that the Sphere may be compromised because The Covenant has solved the equation. She says that she purposely altered the equation - The Covenant is looking in the wrong place. She and Sloane venture off together to find the Sphere.
Sydney and Lauren fight. Lauren says that Sydney still doesn't know the truth about her life. Lauren is about to finish Sydney off when Vaughn shoots Lauren dead. Before she dies, Lauren tells Syd that the truth is in box 1062 in the Bank of Wittenberg. Sydney and Vaughn kiss.
In Wittenberg, Sydney opens the safe deposit box and finds top secret documents. She cries as she peruses files documenting her life, each one bearing Jack Bristow's signature. Jack enters and says she was never supposed to have found these documents.
- Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow
- Ron Rifkin as Arvin Sloane
- Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn
- Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon
- Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman
- Melissa George as Lauren Reed
- Greg Grunberg as Eric Weiss
- David Anders as Julian Sark
- Victor Garber as Jack Bristow
- The first Alias season finale not written by J.J. Abrams.
- Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan, Carl Lumbly, Kevin Wiesman, Greg Grunbreg and Victor Garbor are the only one's that were in all season 3 episodes
- First last episode that had no Audio Commentaries on the DVD
Allusions and ReferencesEdit
- Dixon: Crazy as it sounds, he says we’re looking for Rambaldi.
- Sark: I must say, your disguise, it adresses a certain proclivity of mine.
- Lauren: If this works, I’ll happily make your sick little fantasy come true.
- Vaughn: I hate you, but I love Sydney more. That's the only reason you're not dying tonight.
- Nadia: When I was drawing there were moments as the fluid wore off. I altered the equation. I didn’t want to give you what you were looking for.
- Sloane: Which means the covenant has the wrong coordinates. they're looking for the sphere in the wrong place.
- Lauren: There’s a bank vault in Wittenberg. We’re both pawns in the same game. The only difference is I know who controls me.
- Sydney: Who controls me?
- Lauren: I guess you'll never know.
|< Season 2||Alias Season 3||Season 4 >|
|#01||The Two||#07||Prelude||#13||After Six||#19||Hourglass|
|#02||Succession||#08||Breaking Point||#14||Blowback||#20||Blood Ties|
|#04||A Missing Link||#10||Remnants||#16||Taken||#22||Resurrection|
|#05||Repercussions||#11||Full Disclosure||#17||The Frame|