Full Disclosure is the 11th episode of Season 3 of Alias and the 55th episode overall. When the Department of Special Research seizes the Rambaldi Cube from the CIA, Sydney thinks she's lost another chance to find out what happened to her missing time. But, FBI Director Kendall lets her in on a huge secret, revealing how her destiny has always been on a collision course with Milo Rambaldi.
Agents from the Dept. of Special Research take possession of the Rambaldi Cube before Marshall can finish his own analysis of the tissue contained inside. Later, Syd is tranquilized and taken aboard a jet, where she sees Kendall, who reveals he's not FBI, but Special Research. The Covenant has ambushed his team and now has the Cube. He says he knows what happened to Syd's missing two years but kept silent because she asked him to.
Nine months after she was buried, he says, Syd called him from Rome, where she had escaped from The Covenant. She told him that she saw her funeral, paralyzed by a neurotoxin, from the back of a van. Her torturer, Oleg Madrczyk, had injected Syd's DNA into the teeth of a corpse, causing a false identification. She was taken to St. Petersburg, where she was called Julia Thorne and brainwashed. She killed a Covenant prisoner to prove her readiness.
Syd is shocked at this tale, but Kendall says her Project Christmas training prevented her from being turned. She killed that man, who was doomed anyway, to protect herself and deceive The Covenant. She then contacted Kendall, who advised her to continue as Julia Thorne in order to gather info. Syd recalls the pain when she observes Vaughn with Lauren but stays away for safety's sake.
Julia/Syd then partnered with Simon Walker to search for the Cube. She discovered Lazarey, an expert close to uncovering the artifact. Although The Covenant wanted Julia/Syd to kill Lazarey once he found the Cube, Kendall orders her to cut a deal with him and work together — so she fakes his death at her hands. Back in the jet, Kendall says he believes Syd is Rambaldi's Chosen One and that The Covenant wanted both her and the Cube to fulfill the prophecy.
Julia and Lazarey find and retrieve the Cube in a cave in Namibia's Fish River Gorge. She has to amputate Lazarey's hand when a closing vault door crushes it. She never delivered the Cube to Kendall, however. He instead got a disc that showed Syd revealing that she was hiding the Cube and having her memory erased so it could never be found. She tells Kendall never to tell her what she's been through.
In the jet, Kendall says Rambaldi's second coming is by way of a child. The Covenant will use the DNA in the Cube to fertilize the egg of the Chosen One. Syd looks at her scar — The Covenant extracted her eggs!
Kendall says he respected her wishes, but four months after Hong Kong she went straight for the Cube. Why, he wonders. She remembers the package Sloane gave to her — the code and the key to the Rome apartment, which led her to Lazarey and the Cube. It was all a trick. Syd calls Marshall, who had secretly put a tracking device on the Cube. Meanwhile, Sark observes a series of test tube fertilizations.
At the CIA, Dixon admits he knew the truth and was ordered not to say anything — a reversal of their SD-6 days. Syd, Dixon, Vaughn, and Weiss parachute into Patagonia and storm to The Covenant's facility. Although Sark escapes, they find the fertilization equipment. Kendall wanted it brought back back for analysis, but Dixon allows Syd to torch it all. Vaughn and Weiss rescue Lazarey.
Later, Sark makes a phone call, ordering his father to be killed. As Lazarey is transported to a hospital, he asks Syd if she knows about the "passenger." He's then assassinated by a sniper. Lauren packs up her gun and flees the scene.
- Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow
- Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn
- Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon
- Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman
- Melissa George as Lauren Reed
- Greg Grunberg as Eric Weiss
- David Anders as Julian Sark
- Victor Garber as Jack Bristow
- Terry O'Quinn as F.B.I. Asst. Director Kendall
- Bill Bolender as Oleg Madrczyk
- Mark Bramhall as Andrian Lazarey
- George Gerdes as Analyst
- Steven Shaw as Minister
- Yasha Blackman as Man in the Wheelchair
- Erik Betts as F.B.I. Agent (uncredited)
- Quentin Tarantino as McKenas Cole (voice) (uncredited)
- This episode marks the half-way point of the whole series.
- International titles:
- German: Enthüllungen (Revelations)
- French: Passé recomposé (Reconstructed past)
- Ron Rifkin does not appear in this episode.
- Irina appears in the flashbacks from The Telling.
- We learn that Sydney can't be brainwashed due to Project Christmas.
- This is the second "flashback" type episode that Kendall appeared in with Sydney; the first was Q&A.
- It was originally envisioned that the 'missing two years'-storyline would be spun out over the entire third season. However, the writers/producers changed their minds in the first half of the season due to tepid fan reaction and decided to wrap up the entire storyline in this episode.
- In this episode, Lauren Reed's true duplicity is revealed for the first time.
- Final appearance of Terry O'Quinn in the series.
- This episode has an audio commentary.
- "It's My Life" by No Doubt (unchanged on Netflix)
- Saint Vibiana Cathedral - 114 East 2nd Street, Los Angeles, California, USA
Allusions and ReferencesEdit
- Lazarey mentions "The Passenger", alluding to what will happen later in the season.
- Sydney Bristow: (about Vaughn) I have to see him.
- Kendall: Sydney, you've been gone for nine months.
- Sydney Bristow: He loves me. Nine months is nothing.
- Torturer (to Sydney) The sooner you accept that you are no longer who you were, the easier this will be. Sydney Bristow...is gone.
- Sydney: I've never heard of Project Black Hole.
- Kendall: Thank you.
- Marcus Dixon: It's not easy is it? Keeping the truth from someone you love?
|< Season 2||Alias Season 3||Season 4 >|
|#01||The Two||#07||Prelude||#13||After Six||#19||Hourglass|
|#02||Succession||#08||Breaking Point||#14||Blowback||#20||Blood Ties|
|#04||A Missing Link||#10||Remnants||#16||Taken||#22||Resurrection|
|#05||Repercussions||#11||Full Disclosure||#17||The Frame|